Royal Navy Sports Accommodation – HMS TEMERAIRE
The 96 bed facility was entirely funded by the RNRM sports Lottery, the Nuffield Trust and RNRMC Royal Navy Amenities Fund.
As a Lottery member the accommodation is available to all serving sportsmen/women taking part in approved sport.
A new dedicated non-publicly funded sports accommodation facility has been built at HMS RALEIGH. The 80 bed facility has been entirely funded by the RN/RM Sports Lottery, the Nuffield Trust and the NS Amenities Fund.
Who can use the facility?
Accommodation will be allocated to approved Service Sports, users of HMS RALEIGH and Plymouth area Sports Facilities and in most cases support activities programmed in the Royal Navy diary, broadly prioritised as follows:
- Royal Navy Sport (includes visiting Service Teams (Inter-Services)
- Royal Navy Sports Associations (training camps and coaching courses)
- Command Competitions and Training
- Other approved courses in support of Royal Navy Sport
- Unit level sports
Le Fanu Accommodation consists of the following:
12 Mess Decks over 2 Floors
- 4 x Four Man Mess Decks
- 8 x Eight Man Mess Decks
- Individual Lockers (padlocks must be provided)
- Individual Electrical Socket
- Individual Bed Lamp
- Bedding Supplied
- 6 x 2 Man Leather Sofas
- DVD Player
- Ipod Docking Station
- Playstation 3 on request
- Whiteboards/Tactics Board
- Scart/HDMI Points for Laptops
- Darts Board
- Pool Table
- Tea/Coffee/Sugar/Milk (supplied by donations only)
- Storage Cupboards
- 2 x Washing Machines
- 2 x Tumble Dryers
- Drying Room
- Treatment Table
- Ice Machine
How can I book the accommodation?
Organisations/Associations/Coaches should establish availability through the LFSA Manager LPT Tyler Dunmow:
Tel Mil: 9375 41393
Tel Civ: 01752 811393
All groups will require a nominated OIC whose responsibilities will be laid down in STM 30/13 joining instruction. They will act as a single point of contact for all arrangements before, during and after the period of residence.